“A wardrobe full of clothes but nothing to wear”. If I had a pound for every time my Mum/Dad/Brother/Boyfriend has said that to me (usually sarcastically) I would be a very rich girl indeed. But most probably still have nothing to wear.
I am terrible for the odd lunchtime ‘flick through and purchase’ on the likes of ASOS and Topshop, and god help me if it’s been a bad week and I fancy cheering myself up. My poor mother can barely move for all the parcels that turn up. All for me, natch.
I just cannot describe the feeling of buying new things. The satisfaction of taking the tag off and knowing that no-one has ever seen you wearing that before… ahhh you just cannot beat it. I’m pretty sure my shopping problem is based on two things – 1) The fact that I cannot be seen in the same outfit if it’s been within 2/3 months of previous wear, and 2) The fact that I can SO easily convince myself that I NEED those shoes/jeans/jumper and if I do not buy it there and then it will be gone forever and ever Amen.
I know, I sound crazy but it’s so true. Silent tears when I find an outfit that is just 100% spot on because I know that once I’ve worn it out it has to be put back on the “wear carousel” until months later when with a different group of people it can emerge. More silent tears when you know damn well that top/skirt/jacket you put back in the shop/took out of your basket 4 weeks ago would just be the icing on the outfit.
Now I’ve set the scene and you all think I am a mental with the “wear carousel” and self-convincing, you can imagine my joy when I found Mallzee. Favourite brands such as Topshop, ASOS, New Look and River Island all under one virtual roof for those cheeky lunchtime/evening/lazy shopping “trips”. Basically Mallzee is now my enabler & justifier.
I can’t begin to explain why I have love for this app (and going on the ramblings above, I don’t think you need a novel size explanation) so below are my reasons why Mallzee is my new go to…
1. No more “I’m sure I’ve seen the perfect top on here somewhere”. Hands up who has seen the dream only for you to forget which of the gazillion tabs it was on. The saved list on the app is… well… your savior so you never have to have the ‘lost’ trauma again. Decided that the hat you once NEEDED is now the most horrendous thing? No drama, your saved list can be easily edited.
2. The save list can notify you when items have been reduced in price *angel chorus*. See, I told you it was an enabler!
3. The dress/skirt/shoes you can’t justify just yet but know will go perfect together as a match made in heaven? Simply create a style feed that can be your go to “virtual closet”, saved for when the perfect event arises.
4. “The tinder of shopping apps”. I have never had tinder before, so the joy of swiping something to the right to save or the left to bin is still a novel idea. If this isn’t for you (as I’m sure I will soon find out) then items can be easily viewed in a grid screen.
5. No more “I picked it up because it was the only thing I could find in town so now I have to wear It”. If you’re from a small town like me then I know we’ve all been there with the limited shop ranges *shakes fist *. That top that is actually the worst colour? The trousers that should never have seen the light of day in the first place? Be gone… Mallzee allows you to browse through a huge range of products, allowing you to refine the search so you can find exactly what you’re looking for. Spot on. You never have to endure that cerise coloured top that you actually wanted in black but justified and panic wore anyway (just me?… okay).
6. Trend of the week. Helping you realise you need something that you never had considered. Okay, so for many self-restrained people that are specific searching then this will not be a problem. Bingo if it’s featuring exactly what you’re looking for. But for nosey greedy-guts here, I am now in love with “colour pop coats” which were never previously on my wishlist.
7. Sale shopping might just be the most stressfully rewarding thing ever. Unless you strike at the right time, wading through piles of discarded clothes whilst being elbowed is not my party. Especially when you know there’s a gem in there somewhere! Mallzee includes sale items, so you can feel smug about that bargain without being practically trampled over because shouty lady saw that coat she “NEARLY BOUGHT BEFORE XMAS” but now she is “OMG SO GLAD SHE DIDN’T”.
8. The amount of time I have taken a screenshot and sent it to my friends for justification (looking at you, Lauren) is ridiculous. Mallzee lets you cut out the middleman and share the link directly on imessage or WhatsApp. So it’s just like they’re shopping with you. What more could a lazy girl need?
The app can be used on both phones and iPads, and can easily be downloaded here. Get following on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest to keep up to date. As I’m sure you can tell, this app won’t be going anywhere from my phone! If you’re a shopaholic (lol) like me then this app will make your life so much simpler!